Saturday, August 22, 2015

The importance of being "sticky"


When you work on marketing, or a resume, you want your material to stand out from the rest. They call that being sticky. People, including myself, have tried to define sticky. But a picture is worth ... Kathy and I went to Ivar's Seafood Bar for lunch today. Good Experience.
While I was there I saw this old artwork commissioned by Ivar Haglund himself, a great marketer, (and good cook as well). He wanted to get the word out about the quality of his chowder. So it says:  
Not over 3 cups Ivar's clam nectar to any married man without written permission of his wife. No exceptions.

I always heard it was oysters, but some say clams. The ad apparently worked in 1940. And the company took the concept back out for a spin in 2011, targeted at women with the tag words: rejuvenation and invigoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment