Saturday, January 16, 2016

Sticky (13) Thumbtack is sticky

58 views, 1 like as of 3/4/16

Some ideas "stick"; others don't. I try stay on the lookout for art, phrases, events and technologies that are sticky. I seem to always have a project that I need someone or something to help with. Living in two places, (snowbirds), makes it even more complex. Thumbtack is a service to match needs to providers. I have a paid subscription the Angie's list, but this is working better for me.
The reason I think this is "sticky"(Simple/Unexpected/Concrete/Credible/Emotional)" 

  • Simple: easy to understand and use interface.
  • Unexpected. Life and Thumbtack is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get.
  • Concrete and Credible. You review your provider, they review you.
  • Emotional. Taking the pain out of finding a provider. Here are two examples. On Kauai, we want to host a couple's dance for Valentines. I do not know any DJs, (I did have one business card, called, never heard back). Thumbtack: answers within two hours. In Washington I need to fence my back yard so our dog can run free. Still pondering, this may be more of an Angie's list request.

No comments:

Post a Comment